Thursday, January 17, 2008

do i live in a bubble?










sometimes i feel like i live in this tiny bubble...like when i found steven gambrel- why have i not seen this guy's portfolio before yesterday? when i searched his site, i couldn't click the pictures fast enough. beautiful, colorful, interiors filled my computer screen. i got so excited and almost started writing my post at that very moment...but remembered that i was getting sick and that it was better to save it for today when i would feel less inspired to search for something "new" and "innovative". soooooooo, i love steven gambrel's interiors; he gracefully mixes traditional and modern (my cup of tea) and he is lucky enough to have a "town portfolio" and a "country portfolio". i also think that he is ahead of his time...using pops of orange and peacock blues in 2005. i am adding him to my "design heroes" b/c he makes me giddy and allows me to love what i do even more. i just get so excited when i discover a new designer (well new to me, i'm sure all of you design bloggers have known him for years). i feel like a little girl who just received her first cabbage patch kid. i just love what i do and am constantly inspired by the great designers in this industry!

* on a technical note, does anyone know how to post images that are on adobe flash player? there are so many beautiful interior shots that i want to share but i can't figure out how to get them? maybe that is the "user's" point...not to have them shared!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just like you. I am so happy when i suddenly find an interior designer I'm not yet familiar with. I'm abit emberassed to not be familiar wih many of the big names but then again that meen I'm in for several treats in the future! :-) Btw. Yellow lampshades are a great idea! Thanks! * You can not, to my knowledge, get pictures from Flash unless you use print screen, and import to Gimp or Photoshop etc. Then cut out image you like, and post :-)

*******chocolatecanary********* said...

thanks for sharing these photos! I love them. I have been wanting to paint my guest bathroom that shade of orange, but haven't yet. I am definitely going to buy the paint now!!!!!

kat said...

Are you on a mac or pc? I take screen shots of flash images. Great blog btw!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, great shots, I love. You can take a screen shot, that is what I do. apple+shift+4. It makes a little photo icon, and you drag over the area you want to snap, it then saves a jpg on your desktop! so easy, but you gotta snap the image before it morphs into the next one, or you get a hybrid thingy.

style and grace said...

Your daughter is so darn snuggly!! I really enjoy your blog and also seeing the little updated pics of her and what you are thinking. So funny!!

I've always wondered how to get pics off of flash so this is SO helpful!!

Turquoise Chic said...

I love these photos! This is the first time I have seen Steven Gambrel's interiors so I don't think you are living in a bubble :) So colorful and fabulous!!

Michelle said...

ooooo thank you for sharing....I really enjoyed browsing his website....he seems to share my love of blue ? Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous !!!!

Unknown said...

I love the orange walls in the Dining roo. To capture pictures off of Flash Sites get a program called SnagIt. (That's the one that I use, but there are others available) You can google it and it downloads on your computer.
You can then captures areas from the flash site and save them to your computer. good luck

MABELLE said...

I agree with you that you can't click the pictures fast enough! His work is so consistently incredible. Great post!